Monday 3 September 2018

Happy Father's Day!

In Moana 3, we created some marvellous metaphor writing about our Dad's for Father's Day.  We had learnt about metaphor's previously so we knew the difference between a metaphor and a simile: a metaphor tells it like it is and a simile uses 'like' or 'as'.

When we had completed our writing, we then designed wonderful portrait's of our Dad's... the effect was truly stunning and there were some very happy dad's out there on Father's Day!

Just some of the wonderful portraits

Here are our metaphor's about our Dad's - using Sheena Cameron's lesson ideas.  They brought a warm fuzzy feeling to Koka Ngaire as she was reading them!!

9 comments:

  1. I am super impressed with your metaphor's about your Dads too, they definitely bring a warm fuzzy feeling to the reader. I am sure your Dad's were very happy with their Father's Day gift.
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg when I saw the pictures of your portrait I was so impressed I agree Tania.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Moana Learning Hub your cards for your father is so sweet, I hope your fathers love it. How long did it take to make your cards all together.PS. Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Moana Learning Hub your cards for fathers day was great.I hope your father was so happy.But did you get more stuff for your father ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my name is Eh Htoo and I like your fathers day drawing.I want to do that to and how long did it take to draw it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia Ora Moana learning hub, My name is Alyssa and I am from Tamaki primary school. I am super inspired of your fathers day poetry. What art equipment did you use to create these drawings of your fathers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hop you have a fun Happy Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annyeonghaseyo Moana Learning Hub my name is Falakika I go to Tamaki Primary School and I’m a Year 6. I really like the way you created incredible portraits of your fathers and how you came up with a fantastic idea of creating poetries to your amazing incredible caring dads. I love your poetries. What did you use to make the portraits?

    ReplyDelete