Monday 10 September 2018

Saving Up For An Overseas Experience



Today one of our groups of young mathematicians collaborated in solving a problem so that Marama knew how much money she needed to save before going on her big OE.





What was and always is incredible to see, is the variety of strategies that we all use and can explain to others so, like all good mathematicians, we can double-check our answers.


After we solved the problem, we explained our methods to each other and pointed out where some of us made mistakes. 


Post problem discussion:

  • "It's OK to make mistakes, because we can learn lessons from them."
  • "I didn't get that. Can someone explain how they solved it?"
  • "What did I do wrong?"
  • "That was easy.... I just solved it in my head."
  • "Can I use a calculator?"



1 comment:

  1. Hey Moana Learning Hub , I like how you are preparing for a trip.
    I like how you showed your strategy. I really like how you guys can write on your T.V.
    What kind of T.V do you guys have because I want to draw on my T.V.

    ReplyDelete