Monday 10 December 2018

International Shared Feast!!!



















Wow - what a way to finish our Term 4 Culture Club inquiry!
On Friday 7 December MLH held an international shared lunch which also meant we presented information about our chosen countries, bought the national dish of that country along AND dressed up in national costumes!

We had nearly 80 people in the hall - many whanau and friends came to participate... calling it the best feast ever!

We had to find out these things about our chosen countries
- the meaning of the flag and national anthem
-a famous person
- a landmark
- the national dish
- the national dress
and any other interesting information we found out.

We had some double ups of countries, however, we presented on 27 different countries!!




3 comments:

  1. What an amazing day alright Moana Hub Learners. I was so impressed by everybody's effort that was put into their presentations, their costumes and their delicious traditional dishes. This was my first International Shared lunch and I am definitely keen to enjoy another one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! What a fabulous afternoon - A big thank you Moana Hub Learners and Teachers for your Manaakitanga, I felt extremely honoured to be invited. Looking forward to see another performance this Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed seeing you all epitomise "Learn, Create, Share." it was a great way to end the year. Having to present through video as well gave us some proud (and funny) moments. Your shared lunch was exceptional, I tried food I had never tasted before. It is an awesome aspect of our school that we have such a range of different cultures - I feel very privileged to have the opportunity to learn about them.
    Thank you all so much.

    ReplyDelete