Tuesday 22 May 2018

Celebrating our Mum's


Just before Mother's Day, those of us in Moana3 created some wonderful Mother's Day cards for all of our wonderful mums!


We wrote a poem for our mums using the following guidelines:
Line 1: Alliteration
Line 2: 3 adjectives to describe our mums
Line 3: a nickname
Line 4: a simile or metaphor about our mum
Line 5: a 3 word statement about our mum





We chose whether we wanted to create the inside digitally or by hand.


For the outside of the card, we used tissue and dye to create a blended pattern.  Koka Ngaire took our photo and we cut out fabulous hearts from a big pad of patterned paper.

We were all really proud of our efforts and our mum's appreciated and loved our efforts too!





5 comments:

  1. Moana 3, I was so proud of all your hard work that you put into your cards for your Mum's! I have had a lot of wonderful feedback from mum's saying how lovely receiving the cards on Mother's Day was. Tino pai everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Moana Learning Hub,
    I loved looking at your amazing pictures for Mothers Day. The effect of the cutouts were striking and I really liked the variety of poses, shapes and colours.
    We did something very similar for Mothers Day and it was an interesting coincidence.
    I can't wait to see what your next art project will be.

    Mrs Middleton
    (St Pius X teacher)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Moana Learning Hub
    My name is Kahukura I go to Kawakawa Primary School. I love how you all made different cards and used very pretty colors. I like your designs and how there is a photo of each person in the cards doing something to show that you love your mums. What kind of effort did you put in to make it so amazing?
    Come check out me blog @ https://kpskahukurah.blogspot.com/ as well as my class blog you can find it @ http://kpsngaraupuawai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Moana learning hub, my name is George I really like how you created your photo with the shapes around your photo.do you guys enjoy creating your photo with shapes around your photo?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Moana learning hub, My name is George and I go to Tamaki Primary school. I really like how you created you photo with shapes. You guys are really good at good at creating things

    ReplyDelete