Tuesday 30 October 2018

Earth Paints...

In the Fantails reading group, we read an article called 'Earth Paints' as part of our Culture Club topic this term and learned about aboriginal painting and how they made their paint from the earth...

We followed the instructions that the kids in the article set out... we went off to find several different dirt colours from around our school.  We found yellow, green, dark brown, light brown and a bluey colour.

We were looking at bossy verbs and following instructions.  We had to grind, rub, crush, sieve, mix, stir... we turned our dirt into a paint like paste.  It was exciting to get our fingers into the 'paste' and create our own paintings like the ones in the article.


2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Fantails Reading Group, This looks like a very interesting activity. I was intrigued that we had so many different colours of dirt at school! I will be visiting you to see the paintings you made. I liked hearing what 'bossy' verbs were. I think I know quite a few of these!
    I am loving that your reading is so engaging. Koka Nolian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talofa lava MLH , I like how you learn about different types of cultures. Is aboriginal earth paint like finger painting? I am so jealous because I want to do it.

    ReplyDelete