Tuesday 30 October 2018

Graffiti: Art or Vandalism?

Our Huia reading group was given an interesting question from Koka Ngaire... is Graffiti Art or Vandalism?

We read a couple of L4 texts and looked at a video about the history of graffiti and we had to form our opinion from these and our prior knowledge.

We all came to the conclusion that it depends.  It depends where it is and what the message is...  WHAT DO YOU THINK?  We would love to hear your feedback in the comments.

Koka Ngaire took some photos of real life graffiti and street art in Melbourne - we had lots of discussion about those!

Have a read through a couple of examples of our presentations.... from Kaya, Carys, Daniel B and Obe


7 comments:

  1. Kia ora Huia Reading Group,
    It was interesting to read your thoughts about graffiti. It is a dilemma! Banksy didn't ask permission to do his artwork on other people's walls, and at the beginning people got annoyed. When he became famous, people were happy for him to graffiti their walls. (He still didn't ask permission!) I like graffiti that is attractive to me, but someone else may not have the same opinion as me. Hmmmm ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malo lele, my name Wesley and Im from Tamaki Primary School this is an a incredible question but do you even know what's the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Moana learning hub I like that you had chosen this subject.I wish that more people should learn the difference of vandalism and art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malo lelei,my name is Saia,I enjoyed reading your graffiti it was interesting looking at lots of information. I like the artwork on the walls. Did you learn lots of fact of graffiti?

    ReplyDelete
  5. kia ora my name is milan I think that the first one is right because graffiti is cool but when you write something silly on someone else's property that is vandalism but if you write it for protesting it is ok .

    ReplyDelete
  6. kia ora my name is Dane this art is good

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kia Ora.
    My name is Reuben and I am from Grey Main school.
    I think about this a lot every time I see graffiti. I kinda like that type of art, but there are people who do it in places where its not meant to be and can also be inappropriate.

    ReplyDelete