Tuesday 3 July 2018

NZ Garden Bird Survey 2018

Today Moana 3 participated in the NZ Garden Bird Survey.  We went out for an hour to count particular birds such as the House Sparrow, Starling, Tui, Fantail, Magpie...

We learnt interesting information about these garden birds before we started and we added some research of our own along the way.  We also created masks of 18 different birds that are commonly found in gardens around NZ.

We sat around the field and while we waited and counted, we also completed some observational drawings of trees and leaves around us.

The survey is completed once a year by all sorts of volunteers and in different settings from homes, parks and schools.  It aims to show the numbers of birds in different areas around NZ and whether they are being affected by predators or not.

If you are interested in completing the survey this week at your place follow the link to... Landcare Research - NZ Garden Bird Survey 2018

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Ivy.At my house I made my first paper ariraplain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Moana 3,
    I think you all look very gorgeous! I am not sure that real bird would be tricked! I hope you can do the survey at home as well.
    Nga mihi nui,
    Koka Nolian

    ReplyDelete