Thursday 26 July 2018

RUN NZ - Cross country training

Term 3 has started and it is nearly cross-country time!
We have been enjoying some wonderful winter sunshine and today we got serenaded by Steffen while we ran our laps!







We have a great incentive with our cross country running this term - we are aiming to run as much of NZ as we can.  We have 5 different routes to take... we could choose from top of the north island to the whole of the north island and south island. 

Koka Ngaire found out what the kilometre distance between each town would be and each lap that we do in practice is worth 20km of the total distance.

We had to use some maths skills to add up the distances on our route and then we divided by 20 to work out how many laps we had to do each week.  Some of us went a step further and found out how many laps we need to target each time we run.

We are all pretty keen to see how far we will end up running by the time our school cross country comes around in Week 6!





10 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Cilla and I go to Tautoro school I am a year 8 student. I really like the way how you guys are doing cross country just like us students at Tautoro school we have to run around a big paddock 2 times. Our school is in the country so we have our own paddocks. Our cross country is on Tuesday and Thursday this week.I am using Tania's laptop to type my comment as I don't have a chromebook yet.
    Thanks for sharing your guys Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kio ora ko Quineil toku ingoa, I go to Kawakawa Primary School. I like running cross country too. We do our cross country training around the block. We are starting training today. How far do you run for your cross country? Good luck for the cross country.
    Quineil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia Ora ko Mahina toku ingoa. I go to kawakawa primary school. we used to do
    cross country . any ways good luck on your run have a look at my blog

    https://kpsmahinak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia Ora my name is Ratu I come from Kawakawa Primary School. Your cross country looks cool because you are running up and down hills by the beach. We are going to have our cross country soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I am Vontayveiz, from Kawakawa Primary. Your School looks awesome. You guys are so lucky to be close to the beach. I would love to run by the beach for cross country.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,KokaNgarie I like the way you explained the learning about cross country.I love how you decorated the run NZ. Who won the race?

    ReplyDelete