Sunday 5 August 2018

Terrific Tessellations!

As part of our Early Level 4 maths group, we have been learning about Transformations (Geometry/Position): Translate = slide it, Reflect = flip it, Rotate = turn it.  
This work has led nicely into some marvellous work on tessellations and learning about different kids of shapes.


We learnt that tessellations are shapes locked together with no overlapping... and that it is harder than it looks to complete!
There has been LOTS of thinking, practicing, making changes, counting and discussion.  We have had to visualise how the shapes would fit together and have been identifying and explaining the transformations we have been using.

We are pretty proud of our efforts - what do you think?





3 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Te Aroha I'm from Kawakawa primary school. I like your pixel art, they are so good, I like the colour that you did your working good on them. I am learning to write positive, thoughtful, helpful comments with Whaea Tania and our Teacher name is Whaea Toni, she letting us comment on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Righteous I go to Kawakawa Primary School.
    I liked how you really thought about your design first then done the final one. We also done pixel art in term two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Moana Learning Hub my name is Falakika I go to Tamaki Primary School. I really like how yous all put a lot of effort into your learning while creating tessellations. Have yous thought of creating any other types of art?

    ReplyDelete